- You don’t have to read every book you buy, and you certainly don’t have to finish the book you’ve started.
- When blurb writers describe an author “writing at the peak of their powers”, run a mile. When they say the novel is “allegorical”, head for the hills. Books that “will change your life” are as fabled as the hippogriff.
- Narrative (aka storytelling) is in our DNA. It’s called gossip.
- Keep a diary. It might keep you.
- In writers, vanity is the cardinal sin.
Robert McCrum, ‘Fifty things I’ve learned about the literary life’
[x]#9580 fan zondag 18 december 2011 @ 11:58:14